If you've read my previous blog entries (both of them) you know I don't really need any motivation to start new projects. I start more things than I finish. I do have a list of things I'd like to do some day though, and I get excited about new things I see and don't ever get around to those things I'd really like to do.
That's why I love the challenge that Barbara at Cat Patches has come up with for 2012. She is encouraging us to make a list and start something new each month. There is no pressure to finish it, just start it. By making the list now it will be those things I have been planning to start some day, not the newest thing to hit the blogs and get me excited. I don't actually have 12 specific patterns on my list yet, but I have ideas for most months.
Here's my list: Click on the button to the left in order to see the other lists of NewFO projects and find out about the prizes Barbara is offering.
1. Log Cabin/Friendship star for my friend. Her birthday is in February and I plan for this to be my January start. I've been collecting purple fabric (her favorite color) for several months. I do plan on finishing this one. Here's a picture of some of my lovely purple fabrics.
2. BOM kit that I bought at a yard sell. It is from JoAnn's and all the months and finishing kit are there and only one had even been opened. Perhaps I should tell that lady about this challenge. I think I'll start this in February then try to do one block a month after that. Here's a picture of the package.
3. Sudoku kit throw for my living room - bought the kit in fabrics to match my new LR furniture. If I don't get it done soon it won't be new furniture - LOL
4. Something applique - I want to improve my applique skills and the only way to do this is to do some applique. I have several things on my Pinterest boards and will have to decide and just do it. It will probably be a pillow or wall hanging.
5. Christmas Tree Skirt - I bought the kit last year, but never started it. If I haven't started this by July I will start it then to give me plenty of time to finish.
6. Cathedral window pillow - I remember watching my grandmother make a CW quilt when I was a girl. I want to learn the technique and make something that I will finish that will remind me of her.
7. Black or dark background quilt - no pattern yet, but I have seen several that I like.
8. Christmas stockings for Hubby and me
That's all I have for now. I know there will be other things I will start this year - mystery quilts or fun challenges, but I think this challenge will help me start some of these on my wish list.